Неrе аrе sоmе rеаsоns уоu shоuldn’t buу Rоlех wаtсhеs tоdау, ассоrdіng tо sоmе sоurсеs.
1. Yоu’rе оn thе mооn аnd wоn’t bе bасk fоr а уеаr.
Ноw аrе уоu gоіng tо sее thе wаtсh fасе іf іt’s соvеrеd bу thе sрасеsuіt? Whаt’rе уоu suрроsеd tо dо, rоll uр thе slееvе іn thе vасuum оf sрасе tо сhесk hоw muсh tіmе уоu’vе gоt lеft bеfоrе уоu frееzе tо dеаth?
2. Yоu’rе оn dеаth rоw.
Моrе іmроrtаnt thіngs tо thіnk аbоut thаn buуіng а wаtсh such as, arе уоu іnnосеnt аnd wіll you gеt а lаst-mіnutе rерrіеvе? Оr will dеаth bе раіnful оr раіnlеss–lіkе іt іs іn thе mоvіеs?
3. Yоu јumрed оut оf а рlаnе аnd уоur раrасhutе dіdn’t ореn.
Оh, rіght, am I gоіng tо stор fаllіng frоm thе skу аnd роtеntіаllу kіll mуsеlf bу rеwrіtіng thе lаws оf grаvіtу bу frееzіng іt аnd then јust wаndеrіng іntо а shор tо buу а Rоlех аftеr wаlkіng dоwn frоm thе skу lіkе thеrе wаs аn іnvіsіblе stаіrсаsе? Рlеаsе.
4. Yоu’vе been сарtured bу gоrіllаs.
You’re surrоundеd bу ареs іn а јunglе. Shоuldn’t you bе wоrrіеd аbоut hаvіng your аrms wrеnсhеd оut to become fооd rаthеr thаn thinking about gеttіng tо thе nеаrеst shор tо buу а Rоlех? Веsіdеs, whаt іf thе gоrіllаs tаkе the watch frоm you? Whеrе would you bе thеn?
5. Іt’s уоur first bіrthdау аnd уоu hаvе nо іdеа whаt а Rоlех іs.
Your аrm’s tоо fаt fоr thе strар аs wеll. Аnd hоw соuld you hаvе hеаrd оf Rоlех? You’re а bаbу, fоr hеаvеn’s sаkе! Іs thаt а tоу Rоlех? І’ll hаvе thаt іnstеаd.
Еnоugh wіth thе јоkеs. Hеrе аrе sоmе actual rеаsоns frоm оur Wеb sіtе that tell why уоu shоuld іnvеst іn а Rоlех wаtсh. Tаkе а lооk why уоu shоuld buу а Rоlех tо dіsрlау fоr аll tо sее.
1. Rolex is onе оf thе world’s mоst rесоgnіzеd аnd mоst оftеn wоrn brаnds оf wrіstwаtсhеs оut thеrе. Wеll, оf соursе, becausе mаnу реорlе buу thеm tо shоw thеm оff. Іt’s аlsо wоndеrful tо wеаr а Rоlех wаtсh tо shоw that уоu’rе рrераrеd tо mаkе thе еffоrt. Yоu’rе mаkіng thе еffоrt tо shоw реорlе you’re suссеssful enough to wеаr а brаnd аs suссеssful аs Rоlех.
2. Rolex is sо соllесtіblе a watch thаt sоmе реорlе hаvе соllесtіоns оf all of thе mоst rесеnt Rоlехеs, аnd they lоvе tо flаunt a different one daily. Вut уоu dоn’t nееd tо dо thаt. Оnе Rоlех аt а tіmе wіll dо fоr nоw, dоn’t уоu thіnk?
3. Rоlех іs thе fіrst wаtсh mоst people соnsіdеr аnуwау, thоugh sоmе wаtсh lоvеrs might trу tо tаlk уоu оut оf buуіng оnе. Dоn’t lіstеn tо thеm; there’s no question Rolex wаtсhеs соmmаnd rеsресt.
4. A Rоlех watch maintains its vаluе wеll, in contrast tо оthеr luхurу wаtсhеs. Othеrwіsе, whу рау fоr іt if you might not stіll lоvе іt уеаrs lаtеr? Вuу а Rоlех. Dоn’t trust thоsе сhеар so-called luхurу wаtсhеs with strарs thаt саn fаll араrt аnуtime.
5. Тhe Rolex luхurу wаtсh іs thе сlоsеst thing to јеwеlrу fоr mеn. Tо fееl gооd аbоut уоursеlf, invest in a true luxury watch. Don’t waste money on others.
6. Rоlех іs а trustеd brаnd еvеrуоnе knоws, аnd people wеаr thеm tо shоw оthеrs thеу’rе suссеssful. Whо dоеsn’t wаnt tо shоw thеir suссеss іn lіfе? І сеrtаіnlу dо, dоn’t уоu?
7. Gеt уоursеlf а роtеntіаl gіrlfrіеnd tо tаkе to a luхurу dіnnеr while wearing your Rolex. Реорlе dо wеаr luхurу gооds аs а subсоnsсіоus sіgnаl tо роtеntіаl mаtеs thаt thеу’d be gооd раrtnеrs tо hаvе. Wеll, еvеrуоnе іs аttrасtеd tо sоmеоnе, аrеn’t thеу? Gеt а Rоlех, аnd thе gіrls wіll bе hаngіng оntо уоur аrm, уоu luсkу dеvіl!
8. А Rоlех іs bеаutіful, аnd уоu wаnt а bеаutіful іtеm оn уоur wrіst tо mаkе уоu lооk smаrt аnd арреаlіng. Аnd tо tеll tіmе accuratelу аs wеll, rіght?
9. Νоw, аrtіsts lоvе thе аеsthеtісаllу рlеаsіng, but rеаllу, whо wouldn’t lоvе thе shееr аrtіstrу thаt gоеs іntо mаkіng а Rоlех?
10. Lеt’s fасе іt: іf уоu get kіdnарреd оr hеld hоstаgе, thеn оwnіng а Rоlех соuld mеаn thе dіffеrеnсе bеtwееn lіfе аnd dеаth.
Іf уоu’vе bееn sеаrсhіng fоr а Rоlех wаtсh, sеаrсh nо mоrе. Yоu wіll gеt аffоrdаblе рrісеs аnd рrоfеssіоnаl сustоmеr suрроrt bу vіsіtіng www.luхеtоn.соm.
Why Rolex Watches
Without a doubt I don’t see myself as an extravagance watch master, but at Handiwork Jewelry in NYC, I’ve had the chance to observe and take in a considerable number of watch brands—particularly, the Rolex watches.
I like to think that the Rolex Datejust with a two-tone Jubilee band is the most exemplary and famous picture of a Rolex watch. This style and outline have likewise been repeated and duplicated however much as could be expected by different brands and imitation-Rolex organizations. Some might ask, “Why would I spend such a great amount on a watch? A Timex costs less than $50!”
To that, I say that you get what you pay for, and the way that Rolex watches from, say, the mid-1900s are still exchanged and gathered lets us know that Rolex watches are ventures—timepieces that endure era after era. I myself have a Timex, but I don’t plan to bequeath this dependable yet Velcro strap item on to my otherwise awesome grandchildren.
Hans Wilsdorf and his brother-in-law Alfred Davis established Wilsdorf and Davis—the organization that would become Rolex SA—in London in 1905. Wilsdorf and Davis’s principal business at the time was the import of Hermann Aegler’s Swiss watch movements to England and setting them in quality watch cases made by Dennison Watch Case Co. and others. These early wristwatches were sold to gem dealers, who then put their own names on the dials. For instance, the earliest watches from Wilder & Davis were generally hallmarked W&D inside the case back.
In 1908, Wilsdorf trademarked the word Rolex and opened a company office on November 15, 1915, in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The Best of Time: Rolex Wristwatches: An Unauthorized History, by James M. Dowling and Jeffrey P. Hess, says the name was simply made up. Another version of the story, never confirmed by Wilsdorf, is that the name originated from the French expression horlogerie exquise, meaning, exquisite watches. Wilsdorf was said to have wanted his watch image’s name to be effortlessly pronounceable in any language, and indeed, it is effectively pronounceable in numerous dialects. Plus, because all five letters have the same size, the word can be composed and typeset symmetrically. Last, the word was sufficiently short so as to fit on the face of a watch.
Why Rolex watches?
The Rolex organization is currently beginning to produce ceramic bezels, which are available on the Submariner, Sea-Dweller Deepsea, GMT-Master II, and Daytona models. The fired bezel is not affected by ultraviolet light and is exceptionally scratch safe.
Rolex is the biggest maker of Swiss-made and Swiss-certified chronometers. In 2005, more than a large portion of the annual production of watches certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute were Rolexes. To date, Rolex still holds the record for the most certified chronometer movements in the wristwatch category.
Rolex was the first watch organization to make a water-safe wristwatch able to withstand pressure to a water depth of 100 meters (330 feet). Wilsdorf even had a uniquely made Rolex watch—known as the DeepSea—joined to the side of the Trieste, a deep-diving submersible that went to the base of the Mariana Trench. The watch survived and continued keeping time perfectly while descending and then ascending. The fact was confirmed by a telegram sent to Rolex the next day saying, “Am glad to confirm that even at 11,000 meters, your watch is as precise as on the surface. Best regards, Jacques Piccard.”
The original self-winding Rolex wristwatch was offered for sale in 1931 (called the bubbleback because of its large case back). It followed Harwood’s 1923 patented design that had created in 1928 the first self-winding watch, which had an inner system controlled by the wearer’s arm. The mechanism made watch winding unnecessary and made the mainspring’s power more reliable, which led to more-dependable timekeeping.
Pricing Rolex Watches
Rolex watches differ in cost by model and by materials utilized. In the United Kingdom, the retail cost range for the sought-after stainless steel Pilots (for example, the GMT-Master II) begins at £5,600. Precious stone trim watches go for impressively more. The book Vintage Wristwatches, by Antiques Roadshow’s Reyne Haines, estimated Rolex watches at $650 to $75,000, and Tudors at $250 to $9,000. The most costly Rolex ever delivered by the Rolex manufacturing plant was the GMT-Master II Men’s Diamond Ice Watch, which retailed at $485,350. A Forbes magazine article on the Swiss watch industry contrasted the retail estimations of Rolexes with those of contending brands Corum, Universal Genève, and IW.
The most prevalent inquiry at NYCk Jewelry is regularly the straightforward, “How would I know this is a genuine Rolex?” That’s a true predicament, notwithstanding for diamond setters, because fake Rolexes are showing signs of improvement every year. A few sites scattered throughout the Web help with clarifying the issue.
Here are 10 main clues for learners, taking into account experience and examination.
- A genuine Rolex watch doesn’t have a clear back. Some people incline toward this unmistakable back and will pull out all the stops to buy a post retail part, but Rolex does not discharge its watches with such sponsorship.
- A legitimate Rolex watch doesn’t have a battery. An oscillator is at the heart of every Rolex movement, which implies it will continue ticking as long as it is on your wrist. In the event that it is set down for 48 hours, it needs only a tender shake to kick off the timekeeper.
- The second hand does not have a smooth clearing movement. This is additionally identified with the oscillator, which ticks five to eight times each second and which makes for Rolex’s precision as a dependable timepiece. Many watches have second hands that “tick” versus “clear.”
- The cyclops air pocket amplifying piece over the date of the watch does not make the number bigger (2.5x). A bona fide Rolex watch shows the number without the cyclops, whereas with the air pocket, it is bigger.
- The model number (at 12 o’clock) and serial number (at 6 o’clock) should be found after evacuating the watchband, along the case between the carries. Something new to be vigilant for? Since 2006, the serial number generally found where the band meets the case has been moved to within face of the watch—under the edge of the bezel.
- The Rolex crown symbol should be found on the stem, and there ought to be a line or three spots under it. The point of interest of the crown ought to look fresh, with clean lines.
- The Rolex crown symbol should be found on the clasp of the watch wristband.
- Pins joining the watch connections of the wrist trinket don’t have part sticks like typical watches do. They should have a little opening for simple evacuation with a screwdriver.
- The back of the watch does not fall off effortlessly. Real Rolex watches have a furrowed sponsorship that fits 144 little teeth.
- The best approach to get 99% precision is to open the back of the watch with unique Rolex case-opening devices that come in distinct sizes. The unmistakable red riggings and definite accuracy of the watch movement have evaded numerous Rolex copy organizations.
Those perplexed about committing a purchasing error ought to either consult a gem specialist, buy a watch with its unique box and endorsement of verification, or trust a reputable, entrenched goldsmith. There are approved merchants that offer and service new Rolex watches, and there are little, family-operated gem stores like NYC Jewelry in NYC, which offer Rolex watches.
My most beloved highlights are that:
- Initially, women wore wristwatches in the 1800s, whereas men carried pocket watches. Wilsdorf of Rolex was eager to make a precise and dependable wristwatch that would withstand dampness and other adversities connected with day-to-day wear.
- The water-safe nature of Wilsdorf’s watches led to their “Clam” nickname.
- Mercedes Gleitze swam the English Channel twice, and her wrist was a bit heavier the second time because she had donned a Rolex from Wilsdorf.
In conclusion, in the purchase of a Rolex, the following are paramount.
- The merchandise has only Rolex parts.
- The item was originally purchased from a reliable, lawful source.
- The has no special issues and has Rolex’s unique quality.
- The item comes with an original warranty testament and box.
- The price must be correct!
Where can I get great value in a Rolex for cash in Hong Kong?
Where to buy the best genuine Rolex in Hong Kong? This was an inquiry I received from companions and aficionados of Rolex. Indeed, my answer is, at either Luen Shing or Kuen Kee in Sham Shui Po. Why? Because in Hong Kong, Sham Shui Po has the lowest rent, which can be only 20% of that in Tsim Shan Tsui.
Furthermore, they own their shops and so can be less expensive than other places that are in the same business.
Another point is that they offer lots of Rolex Datejust watches, so you have tons of choices.
They have been for 30 years under the same proprietorship and so have solid associations with Thailand, Malaysia, China, Singapore, and Philippines purchasers.
Their depth of knowledge and experience serve purchasers, who can learn how great Rolex watches are. Plus, because they own their shops, they eventually get some extremely uncommon Rolex watches and can offer great prices.
Therefore, next time you’re considering purchasing a pre-owned Rolex, go to those merchants.
Looks for POWs and help in the Great Escape
By the beginning of World War II, Royal Air Force pilots were purchasing Rolex watches to supplant their second-rate standard-issue watches. Nonetheless, when caught and sent to POW camps, their watches were confiscated. When Hans Wilsdorf learned about this, he offered to replace all watches that had been usurped and he would not require payment until the end of the war if the soldiers contacted Rolex to clarify the circumstances of their misfortune and where they were being held. Wilsdorf was in individual charge of the plan. As a consequence, an unexpected 3,000 Rolex watches were requested by British officers in the oflag (jail camp for officers) VII-B POW camp in Bavaria alone. This had the impact of raising resolve among unified POWs because it demonstrated that Wilsdorf did not accept that the Nazis would win the war. American servicemen found out about the offer when in Europe during the war, and that helped open up American business to Rolex after the war.
On March 10, 1943, while still a POW, Corporal Clive James Nutting, a coordinator of the Great Escape, requested via mail—directly from Hans Wilsdorf in Geneva—a stainless steel Rolex Oyster 3525 Chronograph (which would today cost £1,200), expecting to pay for it with pay he earned by filling in as a shoemaker at the camp. The watch (Rolex No. 185983) was conveyed to Stalag Luft III on July 10 of that year, with a note from Wilsdorf apologizing for any delay in handling the request and clarifying that an honorable Englishman such as Corporal Nutting “ought not even think” about paying for the watch before the end of the war. Wilsdorf is said to have been inspired by Nutting because although not an officer, Nutting had requested the extravagant Rolex 3525 Oyster Chronograph, whereas most of the other detainees requested the much less expensive Rolex Speedking model, which was more prevalent in view of its small size. The watch was accepted to have been requested particularly for utilization in Great Escape, when, as a chronograph, it could have been utilized to time the surveillance lookouts of jail monitors or to time the 76 doomed escapees through passage “Harry” on March 24, 1944. Eventually, after the war, Nutting was sent a receipt of £15 for the watch, due to cash fare controls in England at the time. The watch and related correspondence between Wilsdorf and Nutting were sold at auction for £66,000 in May 2007; at a prior auction, in September 2006, the same watch brought A$54,000.
Nutting served as adviser on both the 1950 film The Wooden Horse and 1963’s The Great Escape. Both movies covered real escapes that had occurred at Stalag Luft III. It was additionally reported that in November 2013, the Rolex Speedking claimed by Flight Lieutenant Gerald Imeson amid the Great Escape was sold for £60,000.
Rolex watches: Latest models
Rolex has three watch lines: Oyster Perpetual, Professional, and Cellini (the Cellini line is Rolex’s line of dressy watches). The essential wrist trinkets for the Oyster line are named Jubilee, Oyster, and President.
The name of the watch lines in inventories is usually Rolex Oyster Perpetual or Rolex; Rolex Oyster and Oyster Perpetual are nonexclusive names and not particular product offerings, with the exception of the 36-mm Oyster Perpetual model, which has no other name and is a model unto itself. As indicated by surveys, the Air-King is slightly more extravagant in the Oyster Perpetual family and is known for its downplayed polish and straightforwardness. Certain models in the Date and Datejust lines are just about indistinguishable, but the Datejust has a 36-mm case and a 20-mm wrist trinket, contrasted with the Date’s 34-mm case and 19-mm arm ornament.
Current forms of the Oyster Perpetual Date and Datejust models share Rolex’s 3135 movement, with the latest change to the Caliber 3135 movement being the presentation of Rolex’s parachrom bleu hairspring, which gives expanded exactness.
I hope you will now feel completely satisfied about purchasing a Rolex watch. Please share our blog post with your family and friends on social networks like Facebook, Google Plus, and LinkedIn to spread knowledge and information. My personal suggestion is to always buy Rolex watches and to share your purchase experience by way of comments.